I’ll be there with bells on!
Usually a figure of speech but literally, this Sunday, December 12, I will be there with bells on. Bells on my tennis shoes that is! At the Seattle Jingle Bell Run/Walk 2010.
Starting at Westlake Center and winding through downtown, this 5K run benefits the Arthritis Foundation makes it’s 26th annual appearance to get runners, walkers, adults, kids and elves in the holiday spirit and raise money for one of the nation’s leading causes of disability. Indiviual and team enteries were encouraged to drum up donations and sponsors for the event. So far $502,803 (as of this morning) has been raised toward a goal of $750,000! Every single runner counts, in this case.
And it’s not too late to register. While online registration is now closed, you can register on Saturday, December 11 between 10am – 4pm at North Seattle Community College in the College Center building at the Baxter Events Center, or on Sunday starting at 6:45am inside Westlake Center on the third floor. Registration fee for adults is $30 on Saturday and increases to $40 on Sunday.
The morning is chalk full of fun pre-race events for kids and adults including a photo booth and costume contest. And, of course, for the adults the event concludes at the Widmer Brothers Holiday Cheer (beer) Garden!
Here’s the full schedule:
- 6:45 a.m. – Last Minute Registration & Will Call open
- 7:00 a.m. – On the Edge Images Photo Booth opens
- 8–8:30am – Warm 106.9 Costume Contest judging (Warm 106.9 booth)
- 8:20 a.m. – Children’s 1k Run with the Elves
- 8:30 a.m. – Meet the 2010 Honorees (stage)
- 8:45 a.m. – Last Minute Registration & Will Call close
- 8:50 a.m. – Rudolph Runners race wave (red bibs)
- 9:00 a.m. – Dasher Dashers race wave (green bibs)
- 9:10 a.m. – Santa Striders race wave (white bibs)
- 9:15 a.m. – Widmer Brothers Holiday Cheer Garden opens
For more answers to your questions see the event FAQ here.