Fashion Friday: Find you Inner Foodie
I never thought of myself as a foodie until recently. Maybe it’s the natural progression of time, but just a few years ago you’d be hard-pressed to find more than a bag of baby carrots, egg whites and a bottle of vodka in my fridge. Today’s another story – I’m stocked up on a myriad of fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins and the fixings for leather pant friendly (this is a fashion segment) gourmet meals. It’s been a transition for the best as I settle into my late 20′s and focus on health and wellness instead of partying (don’t get me wrong, I still party, just not as hard or as often).
When I’m not obsessing over NYFW trends, the latest fitness craze or finding the perfect casual weekend attire, I’m obsessing over food. I used to live for take-out and depended on Whole Foods, the local Greek restaurant and teriyaki joint to supply me with a seemingly healthy dinner. Now I chef up a version of these, and more – without breaking the bank.
Some of my favorite simple bikini-ready friendly meals are outlined below:
- Breakfast: prosciutto and spinach omelet with sweet potato hash
- Snack: green smoothie (my latest favorite is the perfect blend of ginger, kale, banana, mango, flax & chia seeds)
- Lunch: Mediterranean tuna (made with EVOO, dill, capers, scallions, lemon juice and cracked pepper on a bed of arugula)
- Dinner: steamed mussels and clams with seared sea scallops in a homemade tomato sauce with fresh basil and parmesan
- Dessert: flourless black bean brownies sweetened with stevia and topped with smoked sea-salt
I hope this inspired you to find your inner foodie. Now hit the grocery store, put on that frilly apron and cook up something that would make you momma proud!
Stay tuned and stay stylish.